Halibut with Meyer Lemon + Sungold Tomato Salsa Verde
We've partnered with our friend Kendall Andronico, a California based chef that celebrates seasonal, vibrant food (and drinks), to bring you a summer-inspired recipe made with fresh ingredients, paired with a refreshing Meyer Lemon & Basil Citrus Spritz.
Serving Size: 2
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1/2 of a jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1 Tbsp champagne vinegar
- 1 1/2 meyer lemons, divided
- Leaves + tender stems from 1 bunch parsley
- 1 cup packed basil leaves, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup EVOO
- 1/2 pint sungold or cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- Kosher salt
- Two 8oz filets of halibut or any mild white fish (i.e. cod)
- Make the salsa verde:
- In a small bowl, combine the minced garlic, shallot and jalapeno with the vinegar and juice from one of the meyer lemons. Allow to macerate for 10 minutes.
- In a food processor, pulse the parsley, basil and the garlic/shallot/jalapeno/vinegar/lemon juice mixture until the herbs are finely minced. You may need to scrape the food processor down a few times to get everything really finely + evenly minced.
- With the food processor running, slowly drizzle in the extra virgin olive oil until all of it has been added and you have a relatively loose mixture.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl. Cut the remaining half of meyer lemon in half again and then thinly slice it, skin and all. Fold in the sliced tomatoes and meyer lemon slices along with ~3/4 tsp of salt (you can add additional kosher salt, to taste) and set aside.
- Cook the fish:
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees F. Season the fish on all sides with kosher salt and transfer to a baking sheet.
- Transfer the fish to the oven to cook for 8-12 minutes, until the fish is just cooked through and flakes easily with a fork. Cook time will vary based on the thickness of your fish.
- Transfer the fish to a serving platter and drizzle with the salsa verde mixture along with some fresh basil to finish. Pour yourself a Meyer Lemon & Basil Citrus Spritz and enjoy!